Tuesday 11 April 2017

The journey begins....

I Said good bye to my mum and sister at the airport.


I boarded a flight to Paris with Air France hop. I ended up behind the only two children on board. I always have the worst luck on flights. However, I made a new friend called May. She lives in Edinburgh but is going back to Shanghai for two weeks to see family. We wandered round Paris airport together before going our separate ways. I then had to board a flight to Oman with Oman air.




Again I ended up sitting next to a crying baby and beside the toilets the whole night! All I heard was flushing toilets and people queuing up next to my seat all night! To top it all off, the veggie option was steamed carrots and broccoli. Along with a side plate of salad and fruit for dessert. The meat eaters ate what looked like sticky toffee pudding for dessert :(



Finally arrived at Oman which is mostly desert and I saw a mosque in the background but Oman looked like quite an interesting place.


However, I didn't get to see much of it as I had to sit in the airport for 7 hours! Luckily Netflix has Vampire Diaries...

Finally I ended up on the plane to Nepal only to realise I was one of only 3 girls (both were from Switzerland but didn't know each other)  on a full plane of men! We stuck together checking in and getting out of the airport which was a nightmare and became short lived friends as with all the commotion we forgot to exchange details. None of our drivers turned up, we had strange men trying to "help" us for money and when my driver finally turned up he took me to the wrong hotel. First thoughts on Kathmandu...Chaotic! But I have arrived!!!!!

1 comment: