Monday 22 May 2017

Kuala Lumpur I 💖 You!

I landed in Kuala Lumpur, but i think Nepal hadn't finished with me yet. As we were about to get off the plane an announcement was made " Ladies and gentleman due to a Nepal weight flight restriction we have left all your bags in Kathmandu!!!" WHAT!!!! I spent three hours sorting out my luggage situation and they promised they would give me my luggage on the next flight the next day ( didn't get it for two says). I had nothing and spent the next two days in Kuala Lumpur wearing the same clothes and basically being called a dirty Scot by my hostel. I then had to find my hostel at 12.30am in the morning and was scammed by a taxi driver saying the 5 minute journey would cost 35 ringgits when in fact it was 5! I complained to Malaysia Airlines and I heard nothing in return. Not a great start.

After arriving in KL I noticed how modern Malaysia was compared to Nepal although it was a lot hotter. Its also full of malls.

I had found a new friend on solo traveller App who was also in KL by herself taking some time out of her life, so I agreed to meet up with her at the bird park. Her name was Aishah and she was from Sydney which means I now have a new friend in Sydney 😀.


















The bird park was really good and had loads of variety of birds and Aishah pointed out all the birds I would see in Australia. It was so hot that day though!! We then went to the orchard garden, botanical gardens and had a walk around a park and the lake.



















After which we decided to get something to eat and head to the Patronas Towers. First we had to walk through loads of malls. They were massive and had everything in them. There's apparently hundreds of malls in KL. Eventually we found the towers and watched a light show to music in front of them in the pond.



















As we were watching the light show Aishah noticed a 5 star hotel and decided she was going to spend the night there. So we went to negotiate a room for her. This hotel was amazing and had views of the Patronas Towers and was really central. We stayed in her room chatting for a few hours enjoying the most of her room. I then went back to find out what had happened to my bag. At the hostel I stayed up with some of the guests and the owner on the roof top bar until 2.30am chatting and trying to sort my luggage out with Malaysia airlines. I received different information about the location of my bag so I gave up and went to bed.

The next day my bag finally arrived at 12.30pm! YEAH!!! I could go out and enjoy the rest of my day. I started off by  going to china town.















That wasn't very impressive, just some shops and people harassing you so I moved on to the central market. That was more shops but selling interesting things and some tourist tat. It started pouring in rain so I sat and had a coffee. The rain did not go off, so the Scot in me said go out in it anyway...so I did! It was actually quite pleasant in the rain. It was cooler and less crowded. I walked to the Majid Jenek mosque which looked like it was floating on a lake.
















Then stumbled upon the textile museum mainly cause I needed the toilet. There was no one there but it was air conditioned with clean toilets so I was sold! Its also inside a lovely building.
















The clock tower was next to the museum in a square that looked like an English cricket ground.
















Then obviously I ventured into the different malls and did some window shopping and ended up back at the patronas towers again. Where I found my way back to my hostel.



Day three in KL and I met up with my friend Aishah again. Today was Batu cave day so we went to the Big Hindu statue. It was a massive Hindu god and lots of stairs but it was worth it.




The cave formation was magnificent even though we were so hot by the end of it.










There were also loads of monkeys...





















We walked to a lovely looking mosque and the space museum which was full of children but it was interesting to see Malaysia's contribution to the space race which was actually quite a lot.
















Aishah and i decided to go to the cinema in the evening in one of the big malls. We went to the Times Square mall and saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for like £3 plus popcorn for £1. Bargain! The film was really good and we had a lovely evening. I then had to say goodbye as I was going to Melaka the next day.

I really like Kuala Lumpur. Maybe because it was a bit of modern after Nepal and it is just another city, but i made a friend and had a great time!





3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT. I ended up in the textile museum because it was raining but found it really interesting :D happy travels xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Finally wrote about our KL adventures! So cool. Aishah

    ReplyDelete