Wednesday 24 January 2018

Uluru- One of my WOW moments!

After arriving in Sydney and finding a job i had to wait for my security checks to go through so I decided to do a 4 day tour of Uluru. It was amazing!!!!


I landed in Uluru airport to be greeted by my friendly tour guide from Mulga Adventures and boarded the small mini bus. There were a mixture of backpackers from Europe and Asia and I made friends with them all!

Our first stop was Uluru to walk around the base and listen to the aboriginal stories, The actual landscape was so different to anything I have seen. Proper desert like with small trees and cactus and of course the big rock in the distance:































The was was lovely and after, we were chauffeured to a spot to see the sunset. We were given wine and snacks to watch the sunset.


















Then it was time to go to our campsite and have dinner which was BBQ'd and I was surprised about the quality of the veggie options. After chatting for a while it was time to spend my first night in my swag (an outside sleeping bag). We slept outside round a campfire and the stars were phenomenal. I was the only one that didn't find it cold and I also heard dingos coming through are camp at night.

The next morning we were up really early to drive to a spot to watch the sunrise:
















Then we were off for our three hour bus ride to Kata Tjuta. This was another rock formation up further north.



We then went on a hike. We saw some wildlife and our tour guide was very knowledgeable about the wildlife and the land. 







It was then time for our next camp and BBQ dinner followed by another night out under the stars.

Our next day was another bus journey to Kings Canyon. 

On the way we stopped off to see a pink salt lake:


We arrived at kings Canyon for sunrise and went an another day hike:




















The scenery was stunning and it stretched for miles.

After our day trip it was time to go to camp and have dinner and a campfire:
















Then another night sleeping under the stars.

The next day the europeans left to go back to Alice Springs and I was left with my new South Korean and Malaysian friends. 
















We had another night camping so we went back towards Uluru but to a different camp site about 2 hours before Uluru where the only petrol station is for hundreds of miles.

We cooked everything on the campfire this time and the food was delicious. Then our guide had a special camera and took pictures of us under the stars:




















Then our final night under the stars where I heard dingos and cows all night. 

Finally it was time to go. We stopped off at a camel sanctuary on the way back and was then dropped off at the airport really early. We waited in the airport for two hours only to be told a bird had flown into the engine of the plane so we were in the smallest airport for another 4 hours. Not the best ending to my amazing trip. 

The Northern Territories were amazing and it was my favourite part of Australia. You should definitely visit if you ever get the chance. 




1 comment:

  1. looks like a beautiful area soo lucky to have slept under the stars

    ReplyDelete